You better watch out!
Better not cry!
Better not pout!
I’m telling you why,
Santa Claus is comin’ to town.
Remember that song? As a kid did it make you want to be “nice” so you’d get lots of presents?
He’s making a list
and checking it twice.
He’s going to find out who’s naughty and nice.
Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town.
It’s hard to be nice all the time and frankly I think it’s okay to be a little “naughty” once in a while. With that here’s my Season of Eating Navigation Tip # 5.
- Regifting – My thinking is, if you receive a gift that’s just not your style it’s okay to give it to someone who might better appreciate it. It’s better than tossing it in the trash or the back of the closet for 5 years.
- Go ahead and have some chocolate. Just stick with the good stuff and the darker the better. I say, “Once you go dark you never go bark.” (Did you get that?)
- It’s okay to decline an invitation or two during this busy time. You don’t have to attend everything you’re invited to. Why stress yourself out and others too.
- Santa always wants to know if you’ve kept your room clean. Don’t beat yourself up if you have to let the dust bunnies build up a tinny little bit. Just don’t let it get out of control. Better yet, give yourself the gift of a maid service once or twice this season. In this case your naughty behavior ends up benefiting another by giving them work.
- Flirt a little. Santa says to be “nice” I say tis the season for a little friendly flirting. Harmless flirting is good for the spirit and makes folks feel good.
So you see, do it right and naughty becomes the new nice. Have at it!