It’s hard to let go of things. Especially those things that you really like but that may not be good for you. When you let go of something there’s always the fear that you’ll miss what you’ve released and there may be no going back.
Here are a few things you can let go of without worry, do your body and soul some good.
- Play catch – With a friend or against a wall by yourself. It’s good for concentration, coordination and your pecs.
- Toss out all the things in your closet that don’t make you feel “alive” (That’s what Oprah says – did you know that Oprah just found out she has a half-sister? Drama!).
- Go to a pub, have a pint and throw a game of darts. Darts are hella fun and a good way to meet some new friends.
- Horseshoes – Golden Gate Park just finished fixing up their Horseshoe Pit. Again, good for the coordination, who cares if you don’t know how to play. Just go toss some shoes.
- Time to compost all the old stinky food in your frig. Clean out the frig and clean up your diet.
- Play around with taking your hands of the bars for a few seconds the next time you go for a bike ride. If you’re a little nervous just hold ’em right over the bars. (Obviously don’t do this on a busy street!). This is fantastic for your core.
- Batting practice – Find a batting cage or just head for the local ball field. They’re all over the city. Swinging a bat (even if you miss) is great for the whole body!
- Fling a Frisbee at the beach, play a little volleyball, badminton, the list goes on. The weather is perfect right now!