Can you think of five things that make you happy? Five things that don’t cost anything more than a moment of your attention?
I am not asking what you think the secret to happiness is, or how to make someone happy. I just want you to think of five things that make you feel a second of happiness.
Here are five things that make me happy every single time I experience them.
- It makes me happy when I wake up in the morning and see blue sky out my bedroom window.
- It makes me happy to see really old people rolling along on bikes.
- It makes me really happy to see chubby little fluffy dogs running along with their owners.
- It makes me feel happy and peaceful when I find my rhythm, whether it’s on a run, on the dance floor or climbing a mountain on my trusty bike.
- It makes me happy when a stranger smiles at me.
Now, make your list. Only think of what makes you happy and that’s it. Think about it all day and look for those things. I’ll bet you have a nice day.