Yippee! The weekend is upon us. What are you doing with your weekend? You know, there are only 11 days left until the first official day of summer. Does that encouraged you to get a little more exercise than usual? It does me.
How about I challenge you to mix it up with some of your favorite household items? You don’t have to do anything structured, just look at the list below and play around with as many of the items as you see fit. Just for fun see what you can do to get a little extra exercise and be creative. Just add this challenge to the other things you plan to do this weekend. Call it extra credit, or extra burn, as I like to think of it. Let me know how you do.
- Water Bottles — Fill ‘um and go for a walk or use as hand weights while you watch TV
- Gallons of Water or Milk — The original Kettlebell – Use as a weight
- Backpack — Fill it and go for a hike/picnic
- Stairs — Up and down, up and down, hop or walk, also good for doing calf raises
- Lines on Pavement — Hop from side to side back and forth, for as long as you can stand
- Wheelbarrow — Push it around, empty or better yet fill it a friend/kid
- Sledge Hammer — Swing it
- Axe/Hatchet — Chop, chop (be careful with this one!)
- Saw — Be sure to use both arms though – balance both sides of the body
- Shovel — Dig it up!
- Push Lawnmower — I do this every few weeks! It’s great fun and good for the core
- Car Pushes — Push a car, just make sure someone is in it ready to use the brake when it’s time to stop!
Have fun! See you on Monday…