Yowza! Two weeks from today is Christmas! The pressure is on over here for sure. I’m kinda anxious and not appreciating the feeling one single bit.
With that, here are a few things I’m working with that seem to help.
- Things don’t have to be perfect. Life doesn’t reward you for being perfect. Life rewards you for making your best effort.
- Do what you feel comfortable with and don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
- Practice selective listening. Are there people in your life who never seen to be happy? Maybe they don’t realize it but they’re kinda downers. Normally I’d say ditch ‘em and find more positive people but sometimes you can’t do that. In this case, all you can do is to tune them out. It’s okay, better than letting ‘em bring you down or stressing you out. You can deal with the issue after the holidays.
- Cool gift idea – Fill a box with dozens of slips of paper, each one detailing something you love about the person. Or if you’d rather, skip the mushy, lovey-dovey stuff and write down fond memories you have of that person (example: “Remember when you sucked the juice out of the wet nap and I almost died of dehydration?”)
- Be kind to yourself. Take time to relax, and breathe!
That’s all I have for you right now. Hope it helps!